Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day and Roses


I had a pleasant Mother's Day except for the fact that I had to speak in church.  That was a bit stressful, but it was all the more relaxing and enjoyable when that part was done.

The kids all made me cute cards and the girls asked if they could make me a bouquet of roses from my rose garden.  I was happy for them to do it, but am a bit protective of my roses so we went out and did it together and I cut them.  This is the bouquet you see above and below.  They are all my roses from the front yard except the red one which was the one I got from church.  It turned out so pretty.

Eric gave me lots of chocolate and a beautiful card.  Alex got lucky and won a giant candybar in his Sunday School class for a trivia game or something and he hand delivered it to me during church as a Mother's Day gift.  I appreciated it!  He also was sure to deliver me a rose when the young men passed them out.  I could tell that he was glad and proud to have something to give me even though he pretends he doesn't have a sensitive side often.  He was even cheerful and pleasant all day which was even better than the gift.

We went on a family walk later on.  It was a beautiful evening, and we all had a nice time. 


These are my roses this year.  It is amazing how big and beautiful they are already.  Funny thing is, the 3 closest ones are huge, and the 3 on the other side are smaller.  Eric thinks it might be better soil on the closer side.  I don't know.  They've all receive the same fertilizer and water.

This is the blushing knock-out.  These do especially well here.

This is the honey perfume.  They smell really good.

This is the hot cocoa rose.  They are a red with kind of a smoky color as they open.

This is my Disneyland rose.  This was taken on Mother's Day, but so many more are open now.


This is the iceberg rose.

Hope all you moms out there had a great Mother's Day.  You deserve it!

5 comments:

David & Viola Ricks said...

Beautiful roses. Must just be the climate to raise beautiful roses. Ours are having a definite problem this year. It got down to 20 degrees two weeks ago and froze all the growth that was there. They are just coming up from the bottom now.

Hope your talk went well. You are a good mom and very involved in your childrens' lives. Good for you. We are proud of you and your family.

Susan said...

Your roses are gorgeous and I am so jealous! Mine are sad, not much growth except for a couple of the older, more established ones. The ones in my pots have done quite poorly and I think I have lost several. I keep waiting for them to do something, but all I have right now are yucky stumps :(
I'm glad you had a great mother's day!

6L's said...

rose are so pretty..nice bouquet and your talk was great!

Nikki said...

Someday I hope to have a green thumb like you Rozanne. Those are quite the rose bushes!!

Eden said...

Love your roses! They are so beautiful and that they came for your own garden makes them even more lovely.