Monday, May 24, 2010

Last Day of Preschool

Jarem in front of the preschool entrance on his last day


I know that Jarem has had more than his share of posts lately, but I just want to finish out his preschool year.  Jarem's last day of preschool was on Friday.  He had his graduation on Thursday night.  On Friday as he was walking out, I could tell he didn't quite know how to say goodbye to his friends.  As he was trying to awkwardly say goodbye, one of the mom's sensed his awkwardness and said that some of the other boys in his class were meeting at McDonald's for lunch if we'd like to come.  I decided that would be the perfect way for Jarem to end his preschool year, so we met several of his friends at McDonalds and they had lunch and played together. 

I felt a little guilty because it seems like I knew all the preschool friends of all my other kids and they had playdates together sometimes.  With Jarem, he really hasn't had any playdates with his preschool friends and I haven't really even gotten to know their parents either (except one that I had a photography class with).  I guess I just have too much going on all the time with the other kids and so he just plays with his siblings and their friends usually.  This was a good chance for him to be with just his friends.


This is them eating their lunch.  Jarem is sitting on the side with Drake and his little brother.  On the other side is Griffin and Isaiah.

Jarem and Drake...probably his best friend in preschool

They all had a really good time together at McDonalds.  I was really glad we went and Jarem felt closure I think.


This is the Baptist church that I past several times a week taking Jarem back and forth to preschool.  There are always interesting quotes on the sign.  I'll miss seeing this sign so often.  I was starting to look forward to what it would say next. :)

2 comments:

6L's said...

i too LOVE driving by that church for the cool message....5 more years for me! want me to send you the messages? ;)

Anonymous said...

hahah that is a funny sign! You should send it in to the Ellen Degeneres show- they like stuff like that.