Monday, January 19, 2009

Tennessee Snow




Since it's our first winter here in Tennessee, we haven't really known what to expect weather-wise. People from around here say it usually snows a couple of times each winter. That's about what people told us when we moved to Western Washington too so we thought it would be similar. When it snowed in WA, it was usually big flakes and would accumulate at least a couple of inches--enough to make a snow man. So far, according to the people around here, it has snowed 3 times (the first 2 being for about 10 minutes and by the time you figured out the white dust was actually snow it was over).
Well this morning, it snowed enough that I would actually call it snow, so I got some pictures. I told the kids to go play in it while it lasted and they laughed at me! :) Good thing I got the pictures when I did because an hour later it was all gone. So here's proof that it does snow in Tennessee... I have to say that I hesitated to post these since they seem pretty lame compared to the snow that other places have received this year, but it's all we've got! :)

6 comments:

Susan said...

It looks like someone shook some salt out onto your banisters. Ha ha. Not quite as impressive as the snow we got here in Washington this year. But I'm glad you posted the pictures to prove you did get snow.

Carroll Family said...

More than we got!

Unknown said...

Not the kind of snow you need special tires for :)

Anonymous said...

Well at least you got snow! Hard to believe that it is snow...but it's more than what we get in Arizona! It's driving Jared crazy!!

Nadia said...

I would have been embarrassed posting this too - that's not snow!

Fourtner Family said...

That's pretty funny! Are you sure it wasn't a crop duster misfiring? Ha!