Sunday, January 25, 2009

Getting around the Kitchen

Jarem has now figured out how to get whatever he needs or wants around the kitchen. Being small in stature does not slow him down and he can even do it himself (which is every toddler's dream). One way he does this is by moving chairs around the kitchen whenever a need arises. He has also learned that the drawer handles work very well as stairs and he can climb them to get cups on one side or bowls on the other side of the kitchen. (I'm a little worried about how long the drawer pulls will hold out with this kind of use or should I say abuse). The fridge is all his for the taking.

Jarem climbing the drawer pulls like a ladder.

Standing on the counter to get his cup


Mission Accomplished...and he's pretty proud of it too.

4 comments:

Carroll Family said...

Talin does this in the pantry to get snacks! He's really lucky your fridge will still open with a chair in front of it!

Anonymous said...

Hey that's pretty cute! Lucky you, he must keep you on your toes!

We will be moving at the end of February-March. Everything is really unclear at this point and just so sudden its hard to figure out where to begin. But we are excited. Disneyland is one of the many plus' of going....however, I doubt we will be able to afford much of that "fun stuff" we want to do. Oh well, you never can win everything! :)

Michelle said...

I remember when Matthew was like that, what he is still doing things like that.
I also find Ella doing the same things. Lucky me lucky you!

Susan said...

I'm so thankful my kids weren't climbers. I don't think my heart could have taken it. You know what a worry wart I am! Jarem is definitely resourceful!