Monday, April 6, 2015

Spring has FINALLY come!!

 One thing that I've loved about Tennessee is that spring usually arrives early, like early March.  This year, however, it was a very cold, very long winter in Tennessee! Every time we thought it was going to get warm, we would get hit with another snow storm or sub-zero temperatures. I was so worried that my new bulbs would freeze. I planted them in the fall so that they would be blooming around the time that our house was on the market. I was incredibly excited to see those flowers!!

Well, they didn't freeze! I think the snow protected them during those very cold spells.

The hyacinths were beautiful

And only ONE daffodil bloomed even though lots of leaves came up. But it was pretty.

Micah's reaction to spring: he laid on the warm cement soaking up the sun. :)


I found my amaryllis while cleaning the garage and it had started growing!

I brought it in and watered it. A few days later, a bud formed!

Buds forming on my weeping cherry tree

A beautiful display for our last spring here.

Another view


I made an arrangement for our house showing. :)

Jarem's got a new bike (bad picture) from working hard in homeschool


And the temperatures are looking NICE!!

Fall has been my favorite season since we moved to Tennessee, but I enjoy spring too. I needed the spring "boost" this year to get every thing done that would have to be done before the move!

No comments: