Thursday, April 16, 2015

My Birthday Weekend

For my birthday weekend, Eric planned a special getaway for us! :) For the first time, we left the kids with Jesikah overnight 3 nights!! I was a little nervous since we had to really push things for her to get her driver's license before we left. We told her to only drive a bare minimum or for emergencies only. I completely trusted her and prayed everything would go smoothly.

Anyway, we left Thursday early afternoon and made it to the Grand Bohemian Hotel in Asheville, North Carolina by early evening. It was a beautiful hotel right located in the Biltmore Village. I loved it! It's such a quiet, quaint little village with cute shops and restaurants. 



Our room was really nice! 

The hotel's theme was around wildlife/game. I wasn't a huge fan of the antler chandelier, but overall it was very beautiful and exquisite!

The sitting/desk area

The hotel had a nice restaurant where we ate dinner that night. I've never seen light up menus before. They were lit up like an ipad or something.

After dinner, we walked around the village for awhile and found a cute little restaurant to have some dessert! It was a really nice evening.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

So cool I always wanted to go there and we never made it! Enjoy all the southern charm while you are still there. Do you guys have plans for next year yet?