Saturday, December 8, 2012

Mid-state Band Tryouts

Jesikah wanted to try-out for mid-state band. This is where all of the kids from the whole middle section of Tennessee that would like to try-out, show up at this one high school in Nashville at a certain time. We arrived around 10. Jesikah got her try-out number which was 112 (or something like that). Anyway, she and I had a very long day of waiting together.

We made an estimate of about when her try-out would be, and then we headed to Opry Mills mall for some lunch and shopping. That was pretty fun. We ate at TGI Fridays which I rarely get to do. Then we headed back to the school and got back around two. We set up our camp chairs and waited another few hours. We finally finished her try-out and got home around 8pm that night.

Jesikah had not been feeling too well all day, and when I got home, I knew I sick too. And that was the beginning of a very miserable flu! But, on the upside, I got to spend the day with my daughter, which I really enjoyed!  And, the best thing of all, SHE MADE IT FOR MID-STATE!  I am very proud of her.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats Jesikah! That was a really long day for you both.

The Scarths said...

Great job Jesikah!