Thursday, December 13, 2012

Gingerbread house

Eric bought this gingerbread kit to do for family home evening. I was excited. I always like to do gingerbread houses of some sort every year. On the following Monday night, I was miserably sick. I got the respiratory flu and it was a really bad. While normally I would just suck it up and participate, I absolutely just couldn't do it. (I could barely get myself out of bed for about 3 days. There was fever, chills, and the works. Tessa and Jarem had been sick the week before with the same thing. Tessa missed nearly the whole week of school. Jesikah started with it the day before me. Alex started it all I think over Thanksgiving break!) Anyway, Jesikah was sick too, and Alex was not wanting to participate. After Eric, Jarem, and Tessa got the thing built, they gave up. A few days later when I was feeling better, Jesikah, Tessa, Jarem and I finally decorated it so it would look like a real gingerbread house and train.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Wow, sounds like your family was hit pretty hard this year with all that sickness. And with being pregnant, you must have been doubly miserable. Glad you got over it and was able to get the decorating done. The finished products looked great!