Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We have much to be thankful for, so it is always great to have a holiday like this to reflect on all our blessings. It is always more meaningful when you can share Thanksgiving with family, so we were happy that Eric's two brothers, Kyle and TJ, came and brought their families. My back was really hurting the day they arrived and the previous day, so I was a little worried about it being too much for me to handle, but they are all so helpful and great to pitch in and do anything that needs done. It turned out wonderful and not too stressful and the food was delicious.

Eric ordered a deep fried turkey from a friend's neighbor, and it turned out to be delicious!! It arrived around 10:30 in the morning, and we were afraid it would be cold before we finished preparing the rest of dinner, but it wasn't. We ate at 12:30, and it was still hot. I even snuck in a nap Thanksgiving afternoon. It helped keep me awake for late black Friday shopping that night, which I later regretted after waiting in line 2 hours at Target and getting home to swollen aching feet.  But, it was still fun to be with my sister-in-laws!!

 Ironically, all three of us sister-in-laws are all pregnant. Jessica is about 1 month behind me, and Sunny is almost done with her first trimester, so we had a lot of pregnancy and baby related discussions. :) We love having them come, and we enjoyed a great holiday with family!!

All of us except me and Taegan (who was napping)

Some of us including my belly but my face got cut off

Aw, there I am!


The food which we took a picture of midway through serving.  Mashed potatoes, turkey, gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, stuffing, rolls, cranberry sauce, corn...did we miss anything?
Jessica made these delicious chocolate pies that were a hit!

Eric made this deep dish cherry pie with the "Y" on it.

Among the pies were also pumpkin and pumpkin cheesecake made by Sunny

Eric indicating he can been well-fed!! :)
We went out and got some pictures in the backyard of the families that evening.  I got this cute one of Jesikah and Sunny.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Wow it looks like you had plenty of yummy food to choose from. Scott would have been in pie heaven!

6L's said...

I love that you are all able to sit at the table together and I llove the picture of jesikah and sunny, great job! Glad you enjoyed the deep fried turkey. :)