Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

The kids went trick-or-treating around our neighborhood with their friends last night. They had a great time. At first, Jesikah seemed unsure about going with her siblings this year since it seemed more popular to be with just friends trick-or-tricking, but she made the decision that she would and didn't give me any trouble. 

Alex had play practice late since the play starts tonight and we didn't know where he was, but I guess he had texted my phone which I had let Jesikah take with them trick-or-treating, so we had no clue where he was and we starting calling around. Eric said maybe he had ended up running over some innocent trick-or-treater, and then I really started thinking about things that could have happened.  He has been driving the blue Honda Civic since Eric got a new truck, so he has a bit more freedom.  Anyway, he ended up going with a couple of friends and taking one of their younger brothers trick-or-treating around a different neighborhood.  Once we figured it all out, I was happy that he was able to spend time with friends since he hasn't had much time lately to do anything.  He has been too busy.
The group

Our kids: I had Tessa put her face up so that her hat wouldn't shade the light.  You really can't see Tessa's cloak very well in any of the pictures, but I was very proud of the cloak because I had transformed a long skirt into the cloak and it looked really awesome.  It was flowy just like a cloak should be and it had a double layer of a silky fabric and a black tulle on top.  I had to cut a section off and finish the edges as well as add some ties to hold it on at the neck.

Eric's contribution to her costume: the large wart made from hot glue and permanent markers. :)

Jarem ended up wearing the silver robe that I made him (story in previous post).  After it ripped on the side, I guess it was looser and with the cape over, it couldn't be seen.  I was happy it got at least one use.  People kept asking if he was Gandolf the Grey.  I liked that idea.

Jesikah wore her Greek goddess costume again from last year.

All the kids having hot cocoa and cinnamon rolls at our house after trick-or-treating.  It was a pretty cold night.

We had our traditional chili for dinner and I decided to add cinnamon rolls too this year.  It was a good after trick-or-treating snack.

Eric with his hot cocoa and his new best friend, IPad! :)  We enjoyed handing out candy together this year.  Just the two of us were home for a little while.  That was different and nice.  I enjoyed having the time with just him.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh man your cinnamon rolls are delicious! Wish i had some now....

Anonymous said...

That's neat! What a fun night! FYI I left another message on your previous post :)