Tuesday, July 31, 2012

School Shopping

A week or two before school started, the girls and I decided to go shopping at Opry Mills Mall in Nashville with their friends Divya and Pramika and their mom. I was a little worried about venturing too far from home because of my morning sickness, but I decided to just take a leap of faith and go.  I packed my purse full of snacks that I could tolerate, and took advantage of a few benches when I started feeling dizzy, but for the most part it went well.

We had a lot of fun together and I was so glad that I went! Jesikah found lots of clothes that she liked. Jesikah's new favorite store is Forever 21, and she found a lot of pretty tops there and elsewhere that didn't cost that much. Tessa is at that age where she doesn't fit in women's clothes yet, but girls clothes are starting to be too "little girly" for her now that she is starting middle school. We struggled more finding cute things that would work for her.

This is Tessa, Jesikah, and Pramika in the candy store.  They found these sunglasses with mustaches.  They were really quite hilarious!  We all got a good laugh.
We stopped at the Vera Bradley store.  They were having a buy one get one free sale, and that place was a MAD house. But, sweet Priya waited in line and together we were able to take advantage of the deal!  Tessa and Divya got mini hipsters, so now they can all fit in in middle school!
While we were waiting on a bench, Jesikah told me that I should go look outside the store at all the men waiting. I thought it was so funny, so I told Jesikah she should go get a picture on my phone, and she did! It wasn't until then that I realized there wasn't a man in the store. I texted Eric the picture and told him, "This could be you". I know he was grateful it wasn't, at least not this time! :)

No comments: