Friday, July 6, 2012

High Points Trip

Eric got a nice little 4th of July present. Because his new job didn't have the paperwork ready, he got another week off of work. His brother had invited us to come along on a hiking trip he had planned where he and his wife and their little boy were going to hike to the high points of 4 or 5 different states.

Anyway, we all were going to go, but then Tessa and Jarem were already signed up for a gymnastic camp for that week, and Jesikah had committed to babysit. So, I told Eric to just take Alex and go and I would stay home with the others. Since I am writing this later, I can tell you that this was one of my first weeks of morning sickness, and I was very grateful that I stayed home. I was miserably sick all week and ever since.  But, I was really glad they went and had a good time.



Georgia High Point


On their way up Mount Rodgers in Virginia.  This was part of the Appalachian Trail that Eric and Alex hiked two years ago, so it was kind of nostalgic for them.  Eric says that Alex isn't THAT much taller than him.  He said Alex was standing on a rock which is probably true.  Alex just laughed.  Alex is over 6 feet now.  Eric is happy for Alex that he got the height Eric always wished he had.
Mount Sassafras, SC
The whole group
I believe this one was also Virginia
Taegan wearing Eric's hat.  Taegan loves Eric!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I can't believe how tall Alex is, and also Eric and his brother look so much alike!