Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

Going to a 4th of July party! I found this cool strawberry idea on Pinterest! I love how they turned out!
The party was put on by a family from church's parents who throw a big party every year.  We have never been, but I was grateful to have somewhere to go where there was food and entertainment for the kids and not too crowded.  They provided pulled pork (which was delicious) and everyone brought sides.  The kids were got to swim and play, and then when it got dark they handed out glow bracelets and necklaces and had fireworks.  They also gave all the kids snowcones.  It was an awesome party!

The fireworks were my favorite!  I believe they were better than the city fireworks.  It was probably a full 30 minutes of continuous and multiple fireworks at a time!  It was such a blessing that we had a hard rain earlier in the afternoon.  Otherwise, because of the heat and lack of rain, fireworks would have been banned.  Here is a small sampling:

2 comments:

Susan said...

You and my friend, Jennifer, are obsessed with Pinterest! I still have not been on there :) The strawberries turned out really cute, though. Good job!

6L's said...

i just saw this in a magazine the other day ad thought they looked so beautiful! i bet they were yummy too! i have yet to try out pinterest but i love all he ideas i see people doing.