Saturday, November 12, 2011

Soccer State Championship

The last game of the state tournament was on Saturday, November 12th.  Eric and I travelled to Murfreesboro to watch the game.  It turned out to be quite a disappointing game.  The referees made many bad calls against our team that cost our team a few goals and our team just wasn't playing their best.  They kept having turnovers in the same place time after time.  In the end, the other team won by 3 or 4 points. 

I was frustrated because there were some loud obnoxious ladies behind us from the other team that kept making snotty remarks.  Near the end of the game, I heard them say that they "really hope they have these refs for their next game because they are really good".  Of course, knowing full well that the refs had made many bad calls in favor of their team.  I wanted to go give those ladies a piece of my mind at the end of the game, but I withstood the temptation.  I am not really a competitive person, and not usually one to be upset whether they win or lose, but I was thoroughly irritated by the end of the game, and Eric more so. 

Alex's whole team had given up by the last quarter and you could see it.  It was kind of a sad last game of the season.  Had the won, they would have gone to the championship game.  But, they have a lot they can be proud of.  They had a great season.  Like I told Alex, the reason he signed up was to improve his skills for school soccer, and he accomplished that.

Here's a few pictures of the game: (Alex is #2)



No comments: