Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Day of Reunions

Nick and Jeremy on a different day

Me and my friend, Linda, on a different occasion
What a fun day!  It just so happened that two families of our dear friends were coming to Nashville today from different places at different times.  The bad part...I didn't get a single picture!  The first, Linda Howe (who now lives in Huntsville, AL), was planning to meet Tina, Elke, and I for lunch at Panera Bread.  It was so wonderful to see her again.  She is such a neat friend, and such an example to me of so much I want to become.  She is so talented and such a wonderful mother.  It was great to talk with her and get caught up for a couple of hours.  Alex came with me because Linda brought her two sons, Nick and Jeremy who are almost like brothers to Alex.  Alex had a good time with them.  We shopped for a little bit, and then Tina drove me to meet Eric and the other kids for our second engagement: Dinner with the Parks.



We were planning to meet at the Cheesecake Factory, but I didn't consider how busy it would be on a Saturday night and dinner for 14, just wasn't feasible.  We ended up miraculously getting a table at Carraba's with only a ten minute wait.  They were good friends of ours when we lived in Washington, and they now live in Georgia.  It was so great to see them.  Our kids all match up in ages and grades, so it was fun to see them interact or not.  :)  I missed getting any pictures of all of us, but I stole one from her blog from that same night after dinner when they attended the Rockettes at the Grand Ole Opry. They came to show the grandparents the sights in Nashville and the really covered everything in a short time.

No comments: