Saturday, October 29, 2011

Couldn't Be Happier

Scene where Glinda is singing, "Couldn't Be Happier"
For those of you who have seen the broadway musical, Wicked, you will remember the phrase, "couldn't be happier".  It was one of Glinda's songs near the end of the show.  I have been singing this song over and over this past week because last weekend I was lucky enough to get to see Wicked in Nashville.  I went with Jesikah (my daughter) and my sister-in-law, Jessica.  Jessica also brought a friend.  We had an awesome time and we "couldn't have been happier" about it.  However, I was thinking of other things that I couldn't be happier about just for fun.

1) I couldn't be happier about Jarem and Tessa's teachers this year.  Tessa's teacher is SO perfect for her.  She 'gets' her so well!  Everytime I see her teacher she just raves and raves about how much she enjoys Tessa.  With Tessa, she is brilliant, but sometimes teacher's don't get her quirkiness or sense of humor.  This teacher LOVES it and understands her like no one I have ever seen, and Tessa is very happy there too.

Jarem has a wonderful teacher too.  She is so kind and gentle, but so incredibly good with classroom management and teaching.  I was in his class this week and just couldn't have been more impressed with her manner and teaching methods.  He does have a different teacher in the afternoon who is "stricter" by his definition, but I think they both do a great job and I am very happy about his teachers.

2) I couldn't be happier about the season of Fall.  The leaves are so beautiful and the temperatures are amazing.  Everywhere where I go, I am in awe of the beauty around me.  And when I am outside, I feel like I need to just drink in the beautifully perfect days while they last.  This is most definitely the season to live in Tennessee.

3) I couldn't be happier that my children all did their Saturday jobs today with NO nagging from me.  We worked on getting them re-motivated last week at family council because their jobs have been scarcely getting done, and it worked!  That makes me very happy.

There are many more, but I am going to stick with these three since they are the ones I am feeling most grateful for at this very moment.

4 comments:

6L's said...

these are all great things to be happy about! i am jealous of your kid's teachers! less than thrilled with 2 out of 3 this year.
glad you got to see the show, but we sure missed you at the overnight! that was a busy "wicked" night for the ladies in our ward. jen and ryan were there, too.

Candace said...

I feel the same about 1 and 2, but we need to work on 3! That's awesome that you saw Wicked.

Nikki said...

Love Wicked!

David & Viola Ricks said...

I would love to see Wicked. It is so exciting that you are happy and positive about things in your life. We love your positive attitude.