Sunday, July 3, 2011

Orin's blessing and more

On Sunday, July 3rd, my youngest brother was going to be blessing their first baby (yes that is 4 babies in my family in only 2 months).  So, the kids and I drove down to Lehi, Utah with my parents for the occasion.  I did not get a single picture of him on his blessing day or of anyone, but the blessing was nice (except Orin cried during the blessing which always makes it more stressful).  Joel and Cindy are already turning into great parents though and it was fun to see them again.  They hosted everyone back at their house afterwards for a delicious lunch.  After a few hours of socializing and enjoying our family, we headed back to Burley.  My dad was so nice to drive all the way home! 


Here is a picture of Joel and Orin from their blog.  I think this may have been his blessing day.

And Cindy with Orin
As we drove back, my parents and I talked about where Eric and I might decide to move when we are through with our military commitment.  My parents pointed out lots of nice areas along the way as we showed the kids all the temples along our route.  When we got close to Brigham City, we could see a temple there.  I didn't even know about that one, so my dad asked me if I would like a closer look.  I did, of course, and so we drove into Brigham City.  It is a beautiful small town right next to the mountains.  As we drove through town, my mom and dad made sure to point out some of the highlights of Brigham City including all the fruit grown there, the beauty of the mountains, and we definitely didn't miss driving by the place where homemade fresh peach milkshakes are made and a reminder of Maddox family restaurant. (one of the best restaurants I have ever been to with buffalo burgers and homemade sasparilla, not to mention their raspberry butter and rolls). When we arrived at the temple, it didn't disappoint.  Even though it was still under construction, it was amazingly beautiful!  Take a look:




This is the tabernacle built in the 1800's across the street from the temple.
Needless to say, I was convinced that Brigham City would be an awesome place to live, and it would only be 1 1/2 hours from my parents.  However, it just depends on where the jobs are when the time comes. :)

As soon as we got back to Burley, my sister in law, MJ, called and invited us to a dinner of bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, etc.  It was delicious and we hung out with them for a few hours.  Alex loved playing with their kids and my poor dad got attacked by Jarem and Tessa.  (Yes, these last two are from my phone) :)

A perfect ending to a great day.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

WE saw that temple when we drove to Bear Lake. It is really beautiful. Kind of a combo between Nauvoo and Salt Lake.

Anonymous said...

That is such a beautiful temple! I am glad you put it up! So nice you got to go to the blessing, and with your parents. It's nice to have family nearby.

Susan said...

Beautiful picture of the temple. I would love, love, love for you guys to live w/in driving distance! Move back soon! What gives with you not getting pictures at events? That is very unlike you.

Carroll Family said...

We drove by Brigham City this summer and it did seem like a pretty place! When is you commitment up?