Saturday, December 26, 2009

Jewelry Making

Before we moved to Tennessee, I had a friend who was passionate about making jewelry. She taught me a lot and we had some fun making jewelry together.  But... she owned all the tools, supplies, and know how, so when we moved I naturally stopped making jewelry.

However, recently, I've gotten excited about it again. Jesikah's friend, Ally, gave her some jewelry making tools for her birthday in August. This sparked the interest again, and I've been making jewelry ever since. For Christmas, Eric gave me my own set of jewelry tools, so now Jesikah can have hers for herself.  It's been a fun thing to do with Jesikah. She loves it as much as I do, and has an artistic eye.  Linda has also inspired me to keep learning and trying new things. :)

Here's a sampling of a few things I've made in the past few months:




Silver wire-wrapped beads bracelet & earrings



Pearl necklace for Jesikah for Christmas



Jesikah made this necklace fro Tessa for Christmas



This one I kept for myself


And my personal favorite



Close-up of green multi-faceted bead



And another view of my favorite: close-up of wire-wrapping




My favorite ones to make are the wire-wrapped beads.  I really like the look of the wire-wrapping, and I enjoy doing it.  I plan to take a wire-wrapping class next.


2 comments:

Christie said...

WOW they are beautiful!! Good job! It is so much fun to create things isn't it. You are very talented. I love them!

Nikki said...

Pretty impressive Rozanne. You're the next Sue Anne.