Friday, February 20, 2015

Tubing in the Snow!

Well, the kids finally talked me into going out in the snow with them! I admit, I've been dragging my feet a bit.  It's just so warm in here by the fire LOOKING at the beautiful snow out the window, but I'm glad they persisted because it was A LOT of fun!

First, we surveyed the area to see which areas around our yard might make the best snow excitement. We were not finding exactly what we had in mind, you know, a nice steep hill covered with snow with a gentle landing but not too long due to hiking up and down it. Then, we spied the perfect one...in our NEIGHBOR'S yard. Well, it can't hurt to ask, so we did. They were very nice and told us to "Go have fun". And we did!

We got out the 2 inner tubes we used to float down the river in the summer, and made us a nice path. It didn't start out too well when I popped one of the tubes running into some spiky weeds on the first run, but even trading off on one tube turned out to be loads of fun. It reminded me of tubing with my church youth group when I was young. It was something we did every year and I never realized I missed it until now. Here's some pictures that we took of our adventure:






Headed for the tree but we dodged it


Making the trek back to the top


Tessa giving Jarem a push
 
Jarem now giving Tessa a push

Just a little more



Jarem and I going down together

Tessa head first this time







And a big surprise: we saw a snowplow in our neighborhood for the first time since it snowed on Monday! Ironic part about it was, the roads looked the same after they left...maybe spreading salt? Anyway, it started snowing again before we came in and it looks like we will have a fresh layer tomorrow. :)

3 comments:

6L's said...

Lol, you sound like me not wanting to get out there! I'm impressed with you though because I still have not gone out! Being cold and wet sounds miserable and the kids actually haven't even wanted to go out in it the last couple days. Admittedly, your cold weather gear is MUCH better than ours! I was telling Loren I'd be much more apt to go out if I had a snowsuit on, lol. Maybe one year I will buy one. Your neighbors hill looks perfectly awesome! Glad you were such a fun mom and made a great memory with your kiddos. :) They will treasure it!

Susan said...

It looks like a lot of fun, but I prefer being indoors rather than having to bundle up and be cold! I can't believe how much snow you got! We have been enjoying a rather pleasant few weeks with warm temps and sun. Now I just jinxed us for sure!

Nikki said...

Fun!!