Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

I love having Valentine's Day on Saturday! Eric and I heard some rustling around this morning downstairs and came down to find Jarem and Tessa had decorated the kitchen for Valentine's Day as a surprise for us. Pretty cute!

Then I made some red velvet pancakes that my mom sent me a recipe for. They turned out good, but I couldn't believe all the red food coloring it required to get them red. I finally stopped adding it and decided brown pancakes would be just fine. :) I know food coloring is pretty bad for you, so I just couldn't add any more. 

We enjoyed a nice breakfast together. We all liked the pancakes, even Micah. I thought it was cute how he checked out the shape first. Eric gave each of the kids an Amiibo. They are some kind of characters that go with a video game they have on Wii. Anyway, they were pretty excited. :) Micah doesn't play video games, but he got a Pikachu anyway, and he learned a new word, "Pikachu". It was so cute to hear him saying it. :) 

I came across some necklaces in December that I wanted to use for stocking stuffers for the girls. They were on a great deal and were custom made with their names and birthstones on them, so I ordered them. I didn't notice until after ordering that it took 6 weeks for delivery, so that worked perfect for Valentine's Day. They said, "I love you to the moon and back". They were pretty excited about them and so was I. They turned out really nice.






Poor Jesikah got her wisdom teeth out yesterday, so her mouth is still swollen.




1 comment:

6L's said...

So sweet :) I love when they get excited for holidays :) I was awoken around 5am to the sound of tape over and over. Turns out the kids set their alarm for 4:30 to heart attack our door.