Thursday, February 7, 2013

Walking the Plank

I have had this nesting urge for the past month and have been trying to dejunk my house. We switched the kids rooms around to accommodate the new baby and that gave us a perfect opportunity to clean out the kids rooms as well. I have loaded many boxes and dropped them to Goodwill as well as selling furniture on Craigslist and giving away items to friends. We have made progress, but there are still many areas I haven't gotten to yet.

But, in the meantime, a funny story. I had taken apart this round table and taped the legs on the bottom so I could give it to Goodwill. It was sitting on the counter in the kitchen and the next thing I know, Jarem tells me that his penguin, Fairbanks, is walking the plank. At first, I didn't get it, and then I looked up at Fairbanks and started laughing. I didn't even know he knew what that meant, but it really did look like he was walking the plank. He never ceases to surprise me with things he comes up with.


4 comments:

6L's said...

Cute! Looks like something my boys would do, lol.

Susan said...

Cute story and picture!!

Egglintine said...

I am thinking about you today so I enjoyed catching up on your blog this morning. I know you're probably nervous like I was having another kid much later but once the older kids start leaving home (and it starts happening fast!), you'll be so thankful to have that sweet little one. Isaac has become my teddy bear as we get ready to send off Nick. :-) I hope everything goes just perfectly today! Linda H.

The Scarths said...

lol