Friday, August 10, 2012

Back to School

Yes, the kids are back in school already! School started August 8. I think I took these the 2nd day of school. The first day I always forgot to take pictures. I guess I just have too much on my mind.

I still need to get a picture of Alex. The problem is, Eric offered to take Alex to seminary this year, so I get up and walk 3 miles with my friend before he is up, and we don't get back until after Alex has left for school. I need to get Eric to take a picture of him one of these mornings so I can have a picture of him too.

Alex likes his classes this year. He has a lineup of hard classes, but ended up having friends in every class (which is the first time since we moved here) and an aiding period to work on homework, so he will be fine! Being able to get some homework done at school will really help since he is doing Royals travel soccer again this fall.

Jesikah is in 8th grade. She is enjoying being the TOP of the school.  It's always a good feeling being the oldest at the school. 

Tessa is starting middle school in 6th grade. Tessa LOVES middle school. Her favorite part is opening her locker, and she is starting to play her flute in band and is IN LOVE with it!  She always finds the bright side in things. 

Jarem is in 2nd grade. He likes his teacher.  It was the same teacher Tessa had for second grade the first year we moved here and we LOVED her.  I feel like it was a going away present from the previous principal because she knew that was the teacher I wanted for Jarem. 

They are all happy to be back in school.  They all have good teachers this year.  We are hoping for a great year!

  



Jesikah was kind enough to braid Tessa's hair.  It looked really pretty!


3 comments:

6L's said...

Good looking kiddos you got! We are also very happy about the kids teachers and school this year!

Susan said...

Cute photos! We have one more week before school starts here. I hope Scott does a better job of taking first day of school pics this year. Last year they did not turn out too well.

David & Viola Ricks said...

The kids all look great! Jarem looks so much older----and very happy about going to school.
Jesikah is very beautiful! hmmmm
Tessa is also really growing up and looking a lot more mature. What a nice family.