Sunday, August 12, 2012

Happy

It has been over a month since I posted, and I still have a lot of catch-up to do which I hope to do this week, but I didn't want to wait for this post.

We are excited to announce that we are expecting a baby.  I am 13 weeks along, due around Valentine's Day.  It has been a long and interesting journey to this day.  Usually the first question people ask when you already have four kids and it is has been 7 years since your last one is: Was it a surprise or accident?  But what they really think is...it had to have been an accident.  Who in their right mind would have another?

To clear up the confusion, the answer is no.  This baby was planned.  Over the past 7 years, we have thought we were done having children, but we were never completely sure.  I had a dream when I was pregnant with Jarem indicating to me that there may be another child for our family, and even though I wanted to be done, I could never completely shake the feeling that there may be another child meant for our family.  Anyway, over the past couple of years, Eric and I have had many spiritual feelings that there is definitely another child meant for our family.  About a year ago, we made the decision that this was definitely what we wanted and given the fact that I was 37, we didn't want to waste any more time.  Unfortunately, the past year brought us 2 miscarriages and worry that we may not be able to have another, so we are ecstatic that I am finally pregnant.   We feel like this time is for real and another little Bass child will be joining our family.

13 comments:

David & Viola Ricks said...

Congratulations, we are also happy for you. Dad

The Scarths said...

That is so great. I can not wait to meet the new little Bass...Happy Valentines Dayish 2013.

Carroll Family said...

Oh, yay!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!! I bet your kids are SO EXCITED!!!!

Susan said...

We are so happy for you guys! Congrats!!!

6L's said...

You have such a wonderful family, it's only fair to add one more terrific Bass to the world! Very happy for you all. :)

RyanJohnsonFamily said...

Good for you! Congratulations! Hope you are feeling well! You will have many good helpers--what a lucky baby to be coming to your family!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's crazy! Congrats you guys! I bet your kids are super excited! Have you been sick at all? Happy for you and Eric and your family !

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What a lucky baby!

Linda said...

We are all so excited for you guys!! I can't think of anything better to do at our age! :-) I am so glad I'll have a friend join me in the world of---one almost out the door while one just entered it--it's a wild ride for sure. And we had a great time with you guys last weekend although I'm pretty sure we left clothes, a pillow, not sure what else--but this just means we'll have to get together again--Yea!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!! How exciting!! Congratulations! We will pray for you to have a wonderful pregnancy and a healthy baby. :o)

Candace said...

We're so, so happy for you! Can't wait to meet our new little niece/nephew.

Nikki said...

oh my word! that is awesome for you. Congrats! Can't believe it!

snapie said...

So exciting!!! Really happy news for you and your family:)