Friday, December 23, 2011

Family and Lights

Thursday afternoon (Dec 22nd), the rest of our guests arrived.  Grandpa Bass came (just for one night).  Also, Eric's brother, TJ and Sunshine came with their 2 children (Lyle and Kalin) from Gainesville, Florida.  We also had Kyle and Jessica and little Taegan from Huntsville, Alabama.  We were excited to have a full house to share Christmas with.
Tessa and Jarem ready to watch a movie with cousins, Lyla and Kalin

Grandpa Bass with his huge bowl of ice cream sitting next to TJ
The following day, my parents, Jesikah, Tessa, Jarem, Sunny, Kalin, and I went to the Opryland Hotel to see the lights.  It was all of their first time.  Even our kids hadn't seen the lights at Christmas.



Everyone minus Sunny and I outside the hotel










Kung Fu Panda was there...he was a live person that would imitate people

Poinsettias at the bottom of the big tree outdoors.




It was a pleasant night, and we even found free parking.  Jessica was thoughtful to stay home and make dinner and Taegan also was sick.  The husbands and Grandpa Bass had been golfing earlier and had been too cold to go out again. Jessica had a delicious dinner waiting for us when we arrived home of sweet pork, seasoned rice, yummy sauces, and pico de gallo.  We all got the recipe! My camera quit working, so I had to take all these pictures on my phone. So sad!

2 comments:

6L's said...

that huge bowl of ice cream cracked me up, lol! i knew those weren't your regular camera pics. :)

Susan said...

I was wondering why those pictures were not up to your usual standards. What is up with your camera lately? Did you forget to charge it again? Haha. I hate when my camera isn't working and I have to use my phone. I want to visit Opryland at Christmas time. It looks so pretty.