Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back to School

The kids are back in school now.  Friday, August 5 was their first half day, and then they officially went back for full days starting Tuesday, August 9th.

Below is a picture of Jarem and Tessa on August 9th.  I think everyone is settled in now.  I am happy with the teachers that Jarem and Tessa got.  Tessa got the best teacher in 5th grade (in my opinion) and Jarem got two of the best.  He is in a combined class with two teachers.  It seems to be going well so far. 

As for Jesikah, I only know 2 of her teachers.  One is the horrible woman Alex had for math in 7th grade and the other was Alex's favorite Geography teacher in 7th.  I wish Jesikah would have gotten some of his other teachers as they were a really great team.  I think the math teacher likes girls, and Jesikah seems to be doing ok with her so far.  However, open house was awkward because obviously we all remembered...(Eric too).  Hopefully it works out.  If not, I wouldn't hesitate to get her out of that class.  The way she treated Alex is all too fresh in my memory to even hesitate at the first sign of problems.

Alex seems content with his classes.  He says they are kind of boring, but does have friends in his classes.



Jarem and our neighbor, Connor, always compete for "last on the bus"
I finally got some pictures of Jesikah last week.  She is wearing her peach blouse that she got for her birthday.  The first time she wore this shirt, every person she saw told her how pretty she looked and that it was such a pretty "blouse".  It was so funny, because literally EVERYONE she saw said something.  She said that she never knew she looked good in that color and that I never told her that her shirt was a "blouse".  I told her that I would call it a peasant top, but I guess "blouse" is more a southern word for it.  The color does look good with her skin tone.




I will add a picture of Alex later. My brain just isn't working well that early. Alex leaves at 5:50am. I do wish I would have gotten their first day pictures though because they always try to look their best.




3 comments:

Susan said...

We are down to just 10 more days of summer break. I think the girls are looking forward to getting back to school, though, and seeing all their friends. Corey is taking hard classes this year. I know she is not looking forward to all the homework! Hopefully middle school will go as well for Gabby as it did for Corey who loved every minute of it. Sorry Jesikah got that awful math teacher. I am sure she will do well, though, as she seems to be able to adapt to any situation. I remember how upset you were with that teacher when Alex had her.

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures! Going back to school is always so exciting! I remember always feeling so happy with my new outfit, new supplies and fresh school year. I'll be excited for our kids to feel that too!

Susan said...

Glad you got pics of Jesikah posted. She looks very cute & very grown up. Wow, time goes by so fast!