Friday, December 31, 2010

Favorite Things of 2010

To close out the year of 2010, I wanted to post some of our family's favorite things that started in 2010: (in no particular order)

1) Fish Tacos (my sister taught us how to make these Christmas 2009, and we haven't stopped!)
2) The Farming Game (This didn't come until Christmas 2010) when we spent nearly two full days playing it as a family non-stop and had a blast!

3) Blue Bell pistachio almond and mint chocolate chip ice cream



4) Saturday morning Shipley's donuts runs



5) Bath and Body Works orange ginger shampoo, body scrub (mostly me)

6) Yoga (Eric and I started P90X in October and he is still going strong and loving it.  Yoga is his favorite workout even though it is 90 minutes.  I am not doing the workout anymore due to knee problems, but I still do the yoga about once a week.  It makes me feel so good.  It clears my sinuses and takes away all the tension that builds up in my neck and shoulders. Even the kids come in and participate sometimes, especially Jarem)


7) The Nauvoo Pageant (after participating in it this year, it was a highlight of our year)
8) Legos (the kids have all gotten super excited about legos this year.  It is all they talk about.)

1 comment:

Susan said...

That's funny that you guys love the farming game. Do you remember me telling you guys that it's one of our favorite games? Our set is an original set from the 1980's. I knew a guy in college who knew the farmer who invented that game! We like to have farming game day here every once in a while. It is a lot of fun!