Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Our First Soccer Game


We already got our team pictures back...impressive!  Anyway, our first game was Saturday, Sept 18 and the game went well.  All 8 of our players were there.  At this age group, they play on 2 fields right next to each other 3 on 3.  Our team was much better than the other one on both fields, so we won by a landslide on both sides.  It was something like 13-0 on one, and 12-1 on the other.  Of course, we don't keep score, but it was amazing!  :)  Alex asked me later if they did so well because I had taught them all that?  Of course I had to make him believe I had taught them all that,(it's rare that I get a chance to impress him) but, in reality, we had only had one 30-minute practice and even at that, I noticed some things at the game that we had practiced wrong. (Don't tell Alex though. :) Most of them have played before.  They all went home happy, and Jarem was able to score about 3-4 goals.  He was very excited.  It was a lot of fun. 

In other soccer news, Tessa won her game 2-1.  Her game was at the exact same time as Jarem's game.  It turned out to be very lucky that their fields are right next to each other, so I could take a look at her from time to time.  Then, after Jarem's game was finished, I got to watch most of the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Alex also started the 14+ league which also includes adults.  He wanted to get conditioned for trying out for soccer in the spring.  He was nervous about playing with all those people who are really good, but he ended up having a great time.  He said the adults were very friendly to everyone and didn't play favorites.  If he was open, they would pass to him, and he loved that because he was open a lot.  He said it was going to be a good learning experience for him.  They shared some tips with him which he said he appreciated and that helped him.  He felt good about how he played.

I'll add some pictures of Alex and Tessa next time. I will probably get Tessa's team pictures at practice this week.  It was a hot day.  We all came home sweaty.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats to Jarem & his team on their first game! I think it was your great coaching that cinched it ;)

Nadia said...

Rozanne - I am so impressed! Good for you for having a go. I would also like to add that whatever you may be lacking in coaching ability you definitely make up for in looking the part. Cute picture. I hope that the winning streak continues and that Alex will finally be able to see you for the awesome mom you are!