Sunday, September 12, 2010

Final San Francisco Post

On our way back to the hotel from the ferry, we decided to take one last walk through Chinatown.  When we went with Susan and Scott the first time, I had wanted to get pictures, but I forgot my camera.  This was my last chance.

The gates of Chinatown



Looking down the street from the gates






A cool view of the Transamerica building from Chinatown





After we walked through Chinatown, we headed back to the hotel to rest for a few minutes and get dressed for Wicked.

We felt pretty lucky that we just happened to be in San Francisco during the 6 or 8 weeks that it was playing there.  It was wonderful, and it was fun to compare the differences from the one in New York.

Ready for Wicked

This is the kid's Aunt Jessica the day after we arrived home.  She is the one who stayed with the kids while we were away.  I think she was a little worn out after babysitting for almost a week and being 3 months pregnant.  Eric's brother, Kyle, stayed with them also for the weekend.  She did an amazing job, and we felt very comfortable leaving them with her.  We can't express how much we appreciate her doing this so that we could take this vacation!  The kids felt so comfortable with her that even Jarem didn't miss me very much.:(  We were happy to see them all when we got back home and I received extra love from Jarem for the next few days! 

4 comments:

Carroll Family said...

This all looks so fun!!! Lafe and I have talked about going to San Francisco, too. We need to do these Conference things!!!

6L's said...

the pics are beautiful and that's awesome you got to see wicked. i've heard it's really great!

Michelle said...

I love SF, we went on our honeymoon years ago!! It looks like you all had a great. Thanks for all the wonderful pictures. And the Clam chowder is awsome, my mouth is watering!

Nadia said...

Looks like a fun time. I want to go and see San Francisco now. Shame that we have to pay for our own continuing education! Beautiful pictures. You really have a great eye.