Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fall Is Coming!




I found proof today that Fall is coming! I was so excited to find a few trees with leaves starting to turn. The summer heat and humidity have subsided some these past couple of weeks(thank heavens), and I'm really looking forward to Fall here. Everyone says it is the best season of the year in this region. My teaching days gave me a love for Fall. One of my favorite fieldtrips as a teacher was going up Utah canyon collecting fall leaves and acorns. Another favorite fall teaching day was the day I had the kids each bring an apple and we made applesauce. The smell of the warm apples cooking with a touch of cinnamon really got me in the mood for Fall too.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Ah, fall...my favorite season, too! It has been so lovely here with the temps in the 70's and loads of sun. I have to appreciate it while it's here! NO color yet on our trees, but I'm sure it won't be long. Beautiful trees!!!

Unknown said...

I miss the fall in the south, it is absolutly beautiful! Enjoy!

BeforeFamily said...

I as well love Fall. I have been looking forward to it for 5 months. Then just as I could see the first few changes, IKE came along,and now it is Rain.