Sunday, September 21, 2008

Another House Update!


We took this picture of our house yesterday. They finally(I seem to be using this word a lot lately) got the stone up. We were excited that it turned out good since we chose a stone color that we hadn't actually seen on a house before. We also took a little risk by putting a double row of brick around the window where the stone is(see picture), which we also hadn't seen on any houses around here. We like the way it turned out though. Now the question is, "Do we put shutters on the top windows?" We had originally planned to put black shutters on the top windows. Let us know what you think in your comments... We'd love some feedback. :)

6 comments:

Susan said...

I think the idea is wonderful but maybe the bottom windows only or both top and bottom!

-Gabby C.

Susan said...

I like the stone work, it blends really well...good colors. I like shutters. I think it would break up all the brick. Make Eric get up there and hold them up and then you can have a better idea of how they'd look :)

Rachelle said...

Hello Bass family! Rozanne, I was glad to see your comment. I too have been looking at your blog and have enjoyed seeing what you have been up to. I just can't believe how big your kids are getting! Very cute kids! Your new house is beautiful!

Nadia said...

I say no shutters, but that's just my opinion and I won't be offended when I see them up on your next post!

Michelle said...

Rozanne I love the house! I love shutters and we had them in our house plans and then opted not to put them on. I think that after seeing your house that you should leave them off. The stone is the accent. I also asked Steven and he thought the same. Maybe you could take a picture and then draw them in and then see what you think. I hope that helps. Either way, you have a beautiful house!
Also you can always add them later.

Fourtner Family said...

All the top windows? What color is the door going to be? I love shutters and I always think if a house can pull it off--and yours can--use them! I think it would add balance and help draw the eye down from the vastness of the black roof to help focus on the front door/entry and make it look more welcoming. Just my thoughts...but I'm with Susan--Eric should definitely hold them up for a look...