Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Happy Mother's Day

I am so grateful to my husband and children for making me have a wonderful Mother's Day!  I love them so much!  I never thought I would say this, but I really LOVE having teenagers.  And having a baby and teenagers, while presenting its own challenges, is really the best of both worlds.  I can have fun conversations with my teenagers and we can laugh together and have fun.  And that sweet innocent baby always has a smile for me!  Not to mention Tessa and Jarem, who are also both sweethearts and at great ages too.  There has never been a better year to be a mother.

Today while I was at church, I almost got a little resentful about being the only one to tend the tired baby at church.  For a minute, I almost felt upset that my husband can never help me on Sundays since he is the bishop.  But then, I decided instead of pacing the halls with an overly tired baby, I would take him for a little drive in the car so that he could go to sleep.  I turned on the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing, "Amazing Grace", and as I drove down the highway through beautiful green trees and farmland, I couldn't help but feel so incredible grateful for my life, for beautiful music, for nature, and for the beautiful experience of being a mother.  I will recommit to cherish every moment I have with my children!  I am so proud of them.  They are such good kids.

Beautiful, beautiful flowers from my husband!  I LOVE them!  Orange roses are my favorite!


I love me some chocolate


A sweet card that everyone wrote in and signed!


Jarem's gift to me from school.


Both from Jarem:  the book is a purse with pages about his mom.  The other had a packet of sunflower seeds and a verse.


Another card from Jarem


Jarem loves giving gifts.  He always feels like he wants to give more and more and he insisted I keep this dollar too. :)



Jarem didn't want Micah to go without wishing me a happy mother's day, and since he wasn't capable of telling me himself, Jarem helped him out.  When I went to get him out of the car at the church, this is how I found him. :)

And the inside of Micah's card said with Micah's own scribbles to make it more personal...so cute!!

Cinnamon rolls for breakfast
And a delicious dinner with beef roast, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, and coconut cream pie for dessert with 100% of the preparation and clean-up done by my sweet husband and kids!

And a picture of me today!  I love being a mom!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like you had a great mom's day! You deserve it!

6L's said...

I'm so glad you had a great day! I was feeling bad for you with Micah so tired. Glad you had a drive to reset your mind and the rest of the day was smooth. You are a great mother and it shows in your wonderful family! Love you!