Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years

I made two of our family's traditional braided almond rolls on Christmas Eve. We had one for breakfast on Christmas, and I decided to save the other one and have it for breakfast on New Year's Day. It worked out pretty well. After letting it sit out for an hour, I had to cook it with foil over it for about an hour on 350 before it was warmed completely through, but was yummy once done. We just had to wait a bit. Jesikah woke up sick on New Year's Day. She had some sort of stomach virus. About halfway through the day, I started feeling sick too, but didn't ever get really sick(thank heavens), just a bit nauseous and not feeling well for the rest of the day and part of the next. Eric had suggested we buy a prime rib and have a special dinner on New Year's. I had purchased the meat, but since I was sick, we decided to hold off until everyone was feeling better, and Eric ordered out Mexican. I guess it was good. I just had some rice.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sorry you were feeling sick. A lot of that is going around. Your almond roll looks really yummy.