Sunday, January 13, 2013

Mid-State Band

Jesikah tried out for Mid-state band in December and MADE it! We were very proud of her. This is a great accomplishment. This qualified her to participate in the mid-state band in Nashville. There were 10 from her school that made it. They left for Nashville on Thursday evening, January 10th, and spent two nights while spending 1 1/2 days rehearsing for their concert on Saturday.

I was nervous about her being gone for 2 nights staying in a hotel with other kids, but she is responsible, so I tried not to worry. Everything turned out fine though and she had a great time. Jarem and Tessa went with me to the concert on Saturday morning.

Alex was still in bed, so I asked him to clean up his room and bathroom before we got back. When we got back, we had a big surprise! The house was sparkling clean. Dishes were done, all the floors were swept and mopped on the main level and the counter tops were cleared off and sparkling clean. There was soft music playing. In addition, he had cleaned his room and bathroom as well as jarem and Tessa's rooms and vacuumed them too. I was very surprised and happy!! After sitting for several hours in the car and also in the concert, my feet were getting quite swollen and wasn't feeling much up to cleaning!! He has been very helpful lately and I appreciate him!!











1 comment:

Susan said...

Congrats to Jesikah! And what a great surprise for you. Do you think he'd like to come over & clean my house?