Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cotton Candy

On Saturday, everyone worked really hard and we accomplished a lot of projects and cleaning around the house.  As a reward, we decided to treat the kids to Golden Corral for dinner (which is their favorite restaurant). To our surprise, cotton candy suddenly showed up on the dessert table as we were ready for dessert. I have been to Golden Corral many times in my life in many different places, but I have never seen cotton candy there before. 

It couldn't have been a better surprise for the kids. Cotton candy is one of Jesikah's all-time favorites, which she rarely gets. The girls discovered it first then Jarem was a close second.  Alex was watching them longingly, but was a little apprehensive because he wasn't sure if that was a little kid thing to do or not.  I helped him out by picking one up for him and bringing it over to him.  He seemed a little embarrassed at first, but he soon was enjoying it just as much as the rest of them, and he was the first one done! Alex loves anything with sugar so it didn't surprise me that he loved it so much.

Jarem with a cotton candy beard

Jarem using the tube as a horn
This was especially funny for any of you who have ever seen the Office episode where Michael sings the little song, "My horn can pierce the sky" when Dwight had bought up all the "princess unicorns" (which was the toy of the year for Christmas) to sell online.  Anyway, I guess you just have to see it.  Eric and his brother laughed about the episode for so long, and then we had to see it, so we watched it.  I didn't want the kids to see it because there was a couple of questionable things, but they really wanted to see "my horn can pierce the sky" part, so I let them see just that part and now it is kind of a family joke.

No comments: