Saturday, November 13, 2010

Eric's Deer

On the day before Veteran's Day, Eric went to spend the weekend up at his dad's Missouri ranch.  His dad and his brother, Kyle, stopped and picked him up on their way through from Huntsville, Alabama to Missouri.  Eric shot his first deer while there.  He has never really been a hunter so I was surprised when he wanted to go hunting.  However, since living close to his dad's ranch in Missouri, he and his brother, Kyle, enjoy hunting on the ranch.  Even more than hunting though, I think they just enjoy being outdoors together and setting up their stands.

This buck had a messed up rack.  One side was normal while the other side must have been damaged when it was young because it had a little weird antler and the rest wrapped around his head.

I think Eric's allergies were acting up in these pictures because his one eye looks a bit swollen.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I better hide this post from Gabby...you know how she loves animals. I don't think she would think too kindly of Eric's new hobby.

Unknown said...

Rozanne- this would be called non-typical. My boys went wild when they heard about this, they were distressed when I informed them that it was not being mounted :) Great job Eric! Now you know you could survive off the land if you had to!