Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nauvoo Family Pictures

My sister, Candace, emailed these pictures to me this morning. These are our professional pictures we had taken while we were in Nauvoo this past July. A man took these pictures at no charge to us. What a great service!!  I love how they turned out. These were the costumes we wore all week while participating in the Nauvoo pageant.

Alex, and his cousins, Colton and Kadie, spent 2 weeks in Nauvoo with my parents.  They were full cast members getting to be a part of the entire pageant.  This was their little family (below).  We came their second week and participated in the gold cast which was just a one-week cast.  Alex had such a wonderful experience, and I'm so grateful to my parents for making it work for him to have the full experience.

Alex, Colton, Kadie, Grandpa & Grandpa Ricks


Everyone together including my sister, Candace's family, who was also in the gold cast with us.  We also met my sister Melanie and her husband, Ben (top right) and my brother, James (top left) and we were able to do some fun things together and have a family reunion there.  Melanie, Ben, and James were not part of the pageant, but they borrowed our extra clothing just for the picture.

Everyone with a serious face like they used to do in picture.  Jarem is so funny in this one trying to make a serious face.

My sister, Candace, and her cute family

Us, of course

This was another family that was in our cast and we spent a lot of time with.  We got to know them pretty well.  They were from Mississippi.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Great pictures! I love the one with all the serious faces. It's funny how people never used to smile for pictures. Your costumes looked quite authentic. You would have made a good pioneer family :)

6L's said...

i love jarem's serious face and his big cheese in your family photo. :)

Nikki said...

I hope we will get to do this some day. What a neat experience.