Sunday, December 21, 2008

Riverwalk Lights

We went down by the river on Friday night to the riverwalk and downtown city hall area here in Clarksville. They had thousands of lights along the river and down the old main street with Christmas music and Santa. It was festive, although cold. Our oldest decided he didn't want to participate,(teenagers, sigh...) so he put a bit of a dent in our evening, but regardless, we still enjoyed the lights and the festive atmosphere. I had my camera, but unfortunately the memory card was still in the computer, so I took a few pictures with my phone. Sorry about the poor quality...
Tessa paused long enough for a picture.

Eric, the girls, and Jarem entering the Rainbow Tunnel. The kids called it the rainbow road from Nintendo MarioKart.


Town hall Christmas tree



I loved the 3 trees in the arched window at the city hall...very pretty!

Old Main Street with lighted tree-lined streets

Jarem is standing by the Santa Train. We only got a picture of the engine, but the train was actually quite long.


Jesikah and Jarem standing in front of the man pulling in the Christmas tree he just cut down.


This one was taken from Eric's camera, which seems to be a better quality.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Very pretty pictures! I love that "rainbow tunnel" and the e-tier Christmas trees...very cool...I'm sad that we're going to miss out on Zoolights this year, and we even decided to go for a change! It's never gonna stop snowing! We don't want to drive all the way to Tacoma in this horrible weather. I guess there's always next year!

Susan said...

I meant 3-tier, not e-tier.....

Carroll Family said...

This looks SO neat!!! I love that last tree - it's covered! How fun - I love looking at Christmas lights.