Sunday, August 17, 2008

Just Another Bump in the Road


Well, I woke up Friday morning and went out to the car to take Alex to school and the above picture is what I found--a flat tire. Eric was already at work. Poor Alex tried running to the bus stop, but didn't make it and ended up getting a ride to school with a gracious neighbor. I'll have you know I changed the tire all by myself. My dad would be proud. I was hoping one of the construction workers around here would take pity on me and help me, but no such luck. :)

Some good news--our house in Washington officially closed on Thursday(after being extended a few days) and we got the wire on Friday, so it's a done deal! Yeah!
I posted some new pics in the "Building Our House" slideshow. It is in "older posts" at the bottom of the page. Things are moving along, slowly, but surely.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm very impressed that you changed your tire all by yourself! I have never done that. When I got a flat in Iowa, Scott was in Illinois and he called some guys from his old work and they came over and changed it for me! I'm not very independent when it comes to things like that. WAY TO GO!