Monday, July 27, 2009

Fun in Nashville

After the Parks left on Thursday morning, we headed out to the Opry Mills Mall in Nashville. We had lunch at the Aquarium Restaurant and spent time on the sea animals carousel and petting the sting rays before making our way around the mall.


Susan got this picture of Alex because he'll never let me take pictures of him. He was sitting next to one of the aquariums while we waited to be seated in the restaurant.


The kids next to the Aquarium Restaurant after lunch.


Petting the sting rays. Susan bought some food, but the kids were all afraid to feed them.

The one thing that Gabby really wanted to do was ride the manatee on the carousel, so I was glad that she got to do that while she was here. Here's a few more shots of the kids on the carousel.



Jarem always wanted to be next to Tessa. He just loves being with Tessa. He gets jealous if she plays with anyone else. She is a good friend to him.


I thought the frog was really cute.

While the other kids were on the carousel, this is what Alex was doing...texting. I guess he's too old for the carousel. He's never been one that is much for rides anyway.

We were tired after shopping and walking around the mall, so we saved the Opryland Hotel until the next day. Saturday morning, before heading to the airport we spent a couple of hours at the Opryland Hotel. I always enjoy all the gardens and the atmosphere there. Susan and I have always been "gardening friends", so we enjoyed admiring and trying to identify all the plants, discussing which ones we should plant in our own yards, and the plant selection layout.

I love these dark pink flowers just outside the hotel. Anyone know what these are?

Susan and Gabby with Sunny G, the hotel mascot bear


Susan and I...one of the first times she's ever looked taller than me. I must have really been slumping. :)


Susan and Gabs...you can tell that Gabby loves to dance, she has a pose for every picture.



Pretty flowers that looks similar to double impatiens but have pointy leaves



Susan and Gabby on the boat just before the ride began.


Susan and I liked this green plant with the red veins. I'd love to have these in my yard...it's pretty next to the impatiens too.


Probably my favorite flower in the Hotel. I really wish they were labeled with the names of the plants.



Gabby and I enjoying our gelato from Bravo Gelato. It was better than ice cream, but very expensive. I had Raspberry Cheesecake, Gabs had Caramel Creme, and Susan had Cherry something.


Gabby took this picture of the ceiling above one of the hotel desks. It turned out so pretty.


This is a picture of the Cascades room with the rotating circular lounge. The double waterfall is to the left of the lounge.

These are my favorite waterfalls in the Hotel.

You can walk behind the waterfall, and this is the view from behind through the water.


After spending a couple of hours in the hotel, I dropped Susan and Gabby off at the airport to head home. We had a great time, we appreciate them coming all the way to Tennessee to visit us.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I am going to steal some of those pictures of me & Gabby :) They turned out pretty well. I am excited to see if anyone knows the name of that pretty flower!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys do the funnest things! The plants ARE really pretty, I like the pink ones that look similar to mini roses.

Heather said...

You guys are having too much fun this summer! Lots of visitors. How fun!