Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fields of Purple


I've been driving by these beautiful purple fields the past few days as I drive the kids to and from school. It is just some sort of weed that grows wild here that makes it purple, but this field in particular just looks so pretty that I wanted to get a picture. The kids always comment on "the purple field" as we pass. Even Eric came home the other day asking me if I'd seen the purple field, so I figured it was definitely worth documenting.

I've been doing some more experimenting with digital scrapbooking and I mentioned it to my friend, Linda. She offered to share all the free digital scrapbooking stuff that she'd found online with me. Before the day was over, I had the CD in my hand with loads and loads of free scrapbooking goodies! I know she spent A LOT of time collecting all these, and I appreciate it SO much. It has been so fun to have all of these materials at my fingertips. Thanks so much, Linda!
It's back to spring weather here...sunny and in the 60's. Yeah! Let's hope it sticks this time. I must be feeling "springy", because I signed 3 of my kids up for soccer. Little did I know how the practice schedules would be...Jesikah has 3 practices a week, Alex has 2, and Tessa has 1. They all have games on Saturday, not to mention church activities on Wednesday nights. I guess that means homework's out in favor of extracurricular activities! :)

5 comments:

6L's said...

yay, no homework! :)

Unknown said...

I am going to buy photoshop elements next time I am at Costco- if you get a chance burn me a copy of the CD so i can start my digital scrapbooking. I also just ordered a dved that teaches you all about your camera- do you have that? If not I will send you a copy.

Linda said...

I'm so glad the CD worked for you and I can't wait to see what you do with it. I am also glad you got a great pic of the purple fields. We saw that the other day with morning mist hanging low over it and I was really feeling not having an awesome camera! :-)

Susan said...

Pretty field, but what is the name of that weed??? I like how you're doing your new pictures-very fancy. No homework? That's a dream come true for Corey. I also signed Gabby up for soccer but it doesn't start until May. Yeah! Hopefully the weather will be nicer by then. I am so tired of the cold and rain and snow!

Unknown said...

I have it on pretty good authority that the week is chickweed. Eva may know for sure.