Thursday, January 31, 2019

Micah Update


Micah started Kindergarten this year. I was very tempted to homeschool him, but I decided at the last minute that he needed a more social experience at school. It has turned out to be a very good experience for him so far. He has several friends from church that go to his school and that has helped him feel more comfortable. I cannot believe how much he has come out of his shell this year. He used to be so shy. He has a best friend, Samuel, who is so much like him.
After his haircut on Monday

He was so excited about his gummy pizza that he got from points collected at Big Al's. We had fun bowling and the kids played some arcade games during Christmas Break.

Micah received an award for showing compassion at school
Each month they have a value at school that they try to work on. They select someone from each class that has shown that value during the month and they get honored at a school assembly. Micah got picked from his class. I was proud of him for being compassionate.

What word? Pizza
 Micah is getting really good at phonetic spelling. They are encouraged to spell by sounding things out. It's pretty cute. It took me awhile to figure this one out.

This is cute! I love this phase when they are so sweet still.

I love these sweet notes. The 2nd note says, "Mom, I like your dinner"
Everyone was being ornery and complaining about dinner, so Micah wrote me these notes to help me feel better. :)

No comments: