Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Nutcracker

Tessa and I enjoyed a girl's night out the Saturday before Christmas. We went to the Nutcracker Ballet in Portland. The Oregon Ballet Company is really good and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We did have a little parking situation when we arrived though. I tried to parallel park in a parking place that turned out to be too small and I couldn't get in far enough and then I couldn't get out. As we contemplated what to do, a miracle occurred and the lady behind us got in her car to leave. I was so grateful. She wanted me to help her out, so I sacrificed the time I spent curling my hair to stand in the rain and safely guide her out of her parking place, but the upside was, we had enough room to park there after she left!! :) And it was FREE parking!!

Add caption

The Pit--Tessa was so impressed with the talented musicians, particularly the flutist

We noticed some empty seats a few rows ahead of us, so we moved up after intermission and I was able to more fully enjoy the rest of the show without the big head in front of me. :)

Tessa wanted so get these pics in the restroom in front of the lighted mirror before we left.

I thoroughly enjoyed a night on the town with my Tessa girl. I am really going to miss her when she leaves home this fall. She has been by far my easiest child to raise in every stage of her life. And she is an absolute joy in our home almost all the time. She is cheerful and happy and motivated and just makes everything more fun. Whenever there is a time that she needs correction, she almost always says, "I'm sorry. I won't do that again", in a most humble way. She is my friend and buddy. I love hearing all her stories. It was so fun to spend this night together!

No comments: