Friday, August 8, 2014

First Day of School

The kids first day back to school was Wednesday, August 6. In high school, each grade has a color or shirt that they wear on the first day.  Jesikah bought her "sophomore" shirt at the end of last school year so that she would be prepared.  She was excited to not be at the very bottom of the school any longer.

Tessa  is an 8th grader this year, so she gets to enjoy being at the top of the school before entering high school!  She was very happy about her classes.  She got into all the advanced classes that she had hoped for. 

Jarem is being home-schooled this year for 4th grade. It will be a challenge for me, but I think it is in his best interest for now. I don't know what next year will bring... It will be nice to keep all the kids on the same schedule. It should make after-school activities and coordination much easier. He has gotten a little behind in Math, so I plan to catch him up and go beyond what he needs to learn for 4th grade. I just hope Micah is cooperative.

It was a little sad for me to not be sending Alex off to school this year.  I kept thinking that I needed to buy clothes and supplies for one more child and then I kept remembering that he was gone. :( I miss that boy everyday. I love to get his letters each week and see how well he is doing. 












2 comments:

Susan said...

Wow i always forget how early your kids head back to school. Gabby still has a couple of weeks to go. Your kids look so grown up! I like the idea of each class having their own tshirts.

David & Viola Ricks said...

Everyone looks good. Hope all goes well with the school year for everyone. Hope Micah cooperates also. Homeschooling is very demanding if done right---and I'm sure you will do it right!! It will be busy and fun.