Monday, January 13, 2014

11 Months Old







Showing his personality and holding one of his favorite books


I love those big blue puppy dog eyes




Micah has progressed in his development a lot this month.  He can now crawl well and stand next to furniture.  He has really developed his personality this month.  He is now very active and vibrant and is starting to have his own opinions about things.  He wants to talk.  He finally said, "mama".  He knows dada and can say, "Tessa" and "Jesikah".  He also says, "light" and "Jesus".

His favorite food is cheese.  He likes all fruits and most vegetables.  He doesn't like formula. :)

He loves books.  He also likes to play with cars.  One of his favorite things to do is look at the pictures of his family while they are gone to school and work.

He is sleeping pretty well at night and he is great at putting himself to sleep for naps.

He has 7 teeth. (4 bottom, 3 top)

Micah's 11th month (meaning between 10-11 months) was kind of a hard one.  The morning after we got home from Idaho, he woke up with a fever.  He had a fever that didn't let-up except with medicine for a solid 3 days.  The day after he came down with it, I did too, so we were both sick.  Then he started in with a runny nose, cough, ear pain, etc. etc.  I finally took him into the doctor where they diagnosed him with an ear infection after some sleep less nights.  He was sick for 2 weeks, then he was better for a few days and got sick again for another 2 weeks. 

Poor sick baby

So lethargic

In addition and probably contributing to his lower immune system was the fact that I was trying to wean him from breast-feeding between 10 and 11 months.  (See my breast-feeding post for more details) :)   This was heart-breaking for us both.  I wanted to continue nursing and so did he, but due to some problems I was having with breast-feeding, I couldn't continue.  By the day he turned 11 months, he was completely weaned.  He was very unhappy about it.  He refused formula most of the time and would only take 4-8 oz a day and that was me offering it to him all day long.  He did eat solid food really well, but he still lost a little weight.  He would still nestle into me when he wanted to nurse and cry.  I was so sad that I couldn't give him what he wanted.  I couldn't sit with him in the rocking chair where I usually nursed him or he would try to nurse and cry.  It was a hard transition for both of us.  It broke by heart that I couldn't provide him with that nutrition and comfort anymore.


 He would so sick and feverish that he would just fall asleep in our arms.  This is not like him at all.  Rarely, will he ever fall asleep in our arms.  He fell asleep with Eric, Tessa, and I at different times.


 He learned to stand up and peek out the side of his crib when he wakes up


He learned to pat-a-cake this month


1 comment:

Susan said...

He sure is growing up fast! Such a cutie.