Sunday, August 11, 2013

Micah's 6 Months

Yes, it has been 6 months already since this little guy was born and I can't believe it!  Some things that he can do now:
  • Sit with support
  • Turn over (still only belly to back)
  • Say "dada"
  • Sleep in his crib
  • Eat solid food
A lot has happened this month for Micah.  He started his first solid food a little past 5 months.  He is a great eater, and he will eat anything that I give him so far.  He will even eat rice cereal plain, mashed potatoes (which none of my other kids would eat til later cause of the texture), and peas (in the baby food jar).  My other kids didn't like any of these.  

I was so excited when he started saying, "dada" even though I wanted him to say "mama" first.

He is still holding out of rolling from back to stomach.  He is capable, but unwilling.  As soon as he gets close, he quickly rolls back because he doesn't want to be on his tummy.  He hasn't figured out that he can just roll over like he always does anyway from his belly. :)

He moved to his crib this month.  About a week before he turned 6 months, I decided that his cradle was getting too small.  I had a dream that I woke up and he had pulled himself up on the side of the cradle and was looking at me as he was getting ready to fall out.  That was when I decided, he would be capable of moving too much soon and he shouldn't be in the cradle anymore.  It was a sad night the day we moved him out of our room and into his crib in Jarem's room.  I missed him and Eric did too.  He was never a problem in our room.  Anyway, he woke up 1-3 times per night for the first week, but by the end of the first week he was sleeping through the night and even longer than before.

He has become such a sweet, happy boy!  He is content most of the time.  He loves to play with toys and he loves his exersaucer.  He is content just laying on the floor playing or propped up playing with toys.

This month he has discovered his toes.  He loves to play with his toes and even eat them.

The week that he turned 5 months, he popped through his first tooth!  Everyone was surprised, but especially me!  I didn't expect that for quite some time.  Then, on his 6 month birthday, he got his second tooth, so he now has his two front bottom teeth.  He has been pretty good about not biting while nursing.  He tries not to, but sometimes he forgets. OUCH!

He still loves music.  It calms him down in the car and he loves it when I sing songs to him.  I sing him lots of fun songs and he loves that.



This is Micah's new facial expression.  We call it the turtle look cause he sucks in his lips like a turtle.

 I liked this picture cause his hand was up next to his face giving him a look like he was posing.

 This is one of his excited looks

Micah trying to engage in conversation

This is what he does when he's really excited. 

Another thoughtful look

The next few shots I got close-ups to show off his two teeth:





 He can now sit with support, but I wanted to get this picture without anything behind him which he can do for only a few seconds so I had one of the kids next to him on "catch him if he falls" duty.  He was getting tired by this point in the photoshoot so he has the sleepy look. :)

One of his favorite toys...his daddy hopes it stays that way! :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable! I love his cute little face!! And speaking of which, he looks ALOT like jarem- its crazy how much of a resemblance there is! Yay teeth! My kids tend to get theirs later, so that is fun he has them to help out while he gets to try out new foods :-)

6L's said...

What a sweet boy and you are such a good mama! I love the picture of him sitting up :)

Susan said...

Yay! You switched back to your old format, now I can comment. Micah is a cutie, and he totally looks like Jarem at that age. It will be fun to be able to look back at all his little expressions later & remember what his personality was like. Great pictures!

David & Viola Ricks said...

Great pictures! Love the little guy. He is growing up so fast.

Nikki said...

He is such a Bass!! So cute. So glad we can see him grow up!