Sunday, May 8, 2011

This n' That

Our schedule has been SO busy lately.  Here's a little of what's been going on: 

Alex has been playing High School soccer.  With all the rain, many games have been rescheduled.  Last night was his last official JV match.  The Varsity will be playing the tournament this next week.  They usually have 2-3 games a week plus practice every night that they don't have games. 

Jarem and Tessa are also doing recreational soccer and have games every Saturday as well as one practice each a week.




Eric's brother and wife, Kyle, Jessica, and baby Taegan, came to hang out with us after the storms last week since the power plant in Huntsville was destroyed by tornadoes and they were going to be out of power for several days.  They came Thursday, April 28th and stayed until Wednesday, May 4th.  We were glad that we were close enough that they could come.  It's always fun to have them here.  We all love to hold Baby Taegan.  He is such a cute and sweet baby. 

They were also an awesome help.  Jessica cooked or helped cook nearly every night AND had some awesome recipes and ideas for dinners.  That is so helpful for me because probably my biggest stress with company is what to cook.  They are self-sufficient as far as breakfast and lunch.  Kyle organized all our DVD's and helped us plant some new shrubs.  We also had some good times eating ice cream, watching movies, and Eric and Kyle playing golf.  They were starting to feel like part of our family.  The kids were getting comfortable enough with them that they didn't even mind fighting around them. :)  I am not sure they appreciated that!  We loved having them though and were all sad to see them go back home.



We bought these new spiral spruce shrubs while they were here.  It has been something that I have wanted for over a year and Eric and I finally got them.  We also added a few more shrubs and trees to our front area.  I am very happy with the results which I will post later.

Below is Jarem with his buddy "Firefox".  I took these pictures a little while ago and had forgotten to post them.  Firefox is a red panda which is part of the endangered specied collection of Webkinz.  He was so excited when he saw a real red panda at the Nashville zoo.  They are a very unique animal and Jarem loves his Firefox.

3 comments:

the Sayler's said...

love the spiral shrubs!

Linda said...

I love reading about the Bass's! My kids read your blog the most after mine--it's too cute. I want those spiral thingies now too. Way cool. And I love the Easter post. Great outfits for the kids and I am so glad to get the tip about no colored bubbles--I hate messy stuff like that! I am so glad you have family in Huntsville so we don't really have to say goodbye!

6L's said...

i love your spiral shrubs and jarem is entirely too cute with his firefox! :) and amen on being too busy! i cannot wait for things to slow down! they'd better this summer, lol!!!!