Sunday, November 15, 2009

Alex is 14!!!


It's hard to believe that it's been 14 years since I held my first child for the first time.  Wow, has time flown by!


Alex requested that I make cinnamon rolls for his birthday breakfast.  Since he leaves the house at 6:35am, that was a bit of a sacrifice, but I didn't mind doing it for him.  I always get up with him and make his lunch while he eats his daily 3 packets of instant oatmeal.  So, I got up a little earlier and cooked him cinnamon rolls (out of the tube) with some hot chocolate.  Eric got up too, and we gave him his first present, a Star Wars Legos set that we secretly bought while in Disney at Legoland.  It is a limited edition not available in stores or online.  He was very excited and surprised.  He really appreciated us having breakfast with him, and the present too.  He told me thanks multiple times on the way to school.


That evening, we had dinner and opened the rest of his presents.  This is a card from Jesikah...she does not ever attend a birthday party empty-handed.


She drew these Lego guys on the back.  I thought it was very good.


The other side of the card


His next present was a small Star Wars Lego set and some silver coins of his birthyear.  He collects coins everywhere we go, but these were real silver unlike his others.


This was a book that Eric and I picked out called, "Far World".  We thought it looked really good, but that "pretend to be excited" look on his face says it all.  He doesn't like to read though, so that isn't a big surprise.


Now for one of the Lego sets he'd been waiting for...


And a closer look...


Someone else is interested as well...
His most exciting gift however, was the big Star Wars Republic Gunship that he has been begging for for months now (somehow I missed the picture of that one).  He LOVES Legos.  He has been particularly interested in the Star Wars ones lately.  It is a great activity for all the kids to do together and keeps them from playing too many video games.


The cake of Alex's choice: DQ strawberry cheesequake ice cream cake


Look at all those candles, and he did manage to blow them all out!


A closeup of one slice, they were very good!

10 comments:

Susan said...

Looks like a great birthday :) Happy Birthday Alex!

Nikki said...

Holy Cow , the big 14! I wish I could have been there for the cake. Happy Birthday.

Christie said...

Happy Birthday Alex. I just have to take a minute here to mention that he nearly melted my heart yesterday as he sang "come thou fount of every blessing". He was really singing it, and was quite intense. What a young man you have here! And um, Jeskicas drawings.... Those were really cool!

snapie said...

Happy Birthday Alex! Cool presents! I would love them too.:)

the Sayler's said...

happy birthday Alex!

Fourtner Family said...

What a great birthday! Hope you had a really fun day, Alex! Don't drink all that pop all at once!

Nadia said...

Rozanne you just don't look old enough to have a 14 year old! Glad that he had a great day and that was a sweet card from Jessikah. Those moments help us believe that we might be doing a half decent job of raising them.

Carroll Family said...

I can't believe he and Erin are 14 either! BTW - Ethan loved that book! And, I need to get the legos out more often!

ricks family said...

Mike saw this cake and said..that cake looks WONDERFUL! And mike doesn't even like cake.

Candace said...

Happy Birthday Alex! I love Jesikah's card. Looks like he got a lot of new lego sets to play with. Bryce would definitely be jealous!