Sunday, October 12, 2008

School Picnic Lunch Day!

Our Picnic Lunch!

The kids with the school in the background

On Friday, the girls had their School Picnic Day. I figured that was when the parents go and eat school lunch with the kids (like Michael T Simmons in WA), but that isn't quite the way it is done here. Jesikah was sure to give me clear instructions. She said "How it works is the parent goes and picks up fast food, and then they bring a blanket and eat together with their kids on the school grounds". I was shocked about the fast food part, but I submitted to her plan, and sure enough, there was Wendy's, McDonalds, Subway, BK, and all the likes. I did see a few parents who had packed a lunch from home, but that was clearly the "unpopular" thing. :) I did add a few things from home to our lunches anyway.

It was a beautiful, warm day and we had a great time. When I picked them up after school, Tessa said that there were only 5 kids in her class after lunch and Jesikah said there were 6 in her class, so apparently, the thing to do is go home with your parents after the picnic. Starting Monday(tomorrow), the kids have a week off for Fall Break, so I guess it is the perfect preface for that. They had fun staying at school because they got to play games and watch movies with only a few kids. They have a break after each 9 weeks here, thus they just completed their first nine weeks.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. I'm glad to see a picture of you! I almost forgot what you looked like it's been so long since I've seen you. He he.

Nadia said...

To be honest with you after the stale bread that made up the hot dog bun at the Michael T lunch this year I will be packing up my own food next time. It seems like Jessica really has it right!