Saturday, September 12, 2020

A Little Update and Much More to Come!!!

My good friend, Susan, is always so consistent at keeping up with her blog and I love all the memories she has preserved. I fear I have long since forgotten many of those things in my life from the same period that I have not recorded. I wish I had maintained mine too. I am committing to do blogging again even if it is only for my own history preservation. So here I am, ready to try again. I really do enjoy it. But, where to begin is the question. I guess I will try to sum up since I last posted something...

Well, last I posted was in April 2019. Alex was completing his junior year at BYU. Jesikah had just gotten back from her mission. Tessa was completing her senior year of high school, and I was finishing the year of homeschooling Jarem for 8th grade. Micah was completing Kindergarten. We were quite content. We loved our new house and our 20 acre property and were finally feeling settled for the first time in a long time. The views were incredible. Our neighbors and neighborhood was awesome. We loved the snow in the winter and the mild warm summers. Even the rainy season was very tolerable due to the position of our house and so many windows. It always seemed light even when it was dreary outdoors. The cool evening breezes on the mountain were amazing. We had worked hard to get in some landscaping and plant grass and we were making progress little by little on all our big dreams for the land. We enjoyed working on the land together. Eric had his tractor and loved doing work with the tractor or mowing when he was not working. We had made some good friends, we loved our ward, and we were really loving the country life. Money was a little tight as our house had gone way over budget, so I was looking to get a job in the Fall to pay down the house to a more manageable amount, but overall things were good. 

There was only one little (big) problem. Eric was not particularly happy in his job. There were big problems with the business side of the company where he worked that made it unsustainable for the long term or even the short term. They had job openings for radiologists but could not fill them because their salary and benefits package was not competitive enough. Due to a shortage in help, Eric was sometimes working 15-17 days in a row without a day off. These were at least 10 hour days and the workload was heavy. He was originally promised only one weekend in 7, but he was consistently working every other weekend. So, things were not good there. But...another company was looking to buy the practice. If this happened, things had the potential to improve significantly. The new company was very stable financially and could potentially alleviate all the troubles they were having.  Eric had decided to stick it out and we had hope for future changes for the better. Little did we know, our world was about to get turned upside down again.

Some of the posts that will be upcoming:

Tessa's Graduation

A New Job

Summer Vacations 2019

Getting the House Ready to Sell

The House is Sold, Whew!

Thanksgiving

We Will Have Christmas

The 2 Day Move!! 

Our Drive and Our New House

Quarantine!!!!

Alex Graduates BYU

Alex's New Job

Jesikah and Matt

Tessa Gets Her Mission Call, Finally!!

And maybe some others too!! :)





1 comment:

Susan said...

Yay! I love being an inspiration HAHA So glad to be able to catch up with you more via your blog...I'm excited to read what's going and and see all your amazing (because you're a great photographer!) pictures!