Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pregnancy Update




This picture I took a week ago on Sunday, so I would have been about 37+ weeks.  I wore this top to church, and when i got home, I just slipped on my pink sweats instead of the skirt I was wearing.  Eric thought the color combination was kind of funny, but I told him the 80's colors are coming back.  Jesikah just bought some turquoise jeans and some bright coral ones, so I told him I was right in style, but the real reason I was wearing it was for comfort! :)

So, I went to the doctor when I was about 35 weeks and 4 days.  When I told her I had been having contractions, she decided to check me to see if I was dilated and to my great surprise, I was dilated to a 1 and the baby's head was down pretty low.  This was such great news for me that I was elated all week.  I really want to have this baby VBAC, so the fact that I was already dilating was a very good sign.  At this appointment, the doctor set up February 11th as my induction date to have the baby if I hadn't delivered by then, which was about 3-5 days before my official due date which is sometime between February 14-16.    

The next week I went back to the doctor.  I was still dilated to a 1+, but I was ok with that.  The following week, I had had quite a few contractions and thought I would probably be more dilated, so I was optimistic, but when I went to the doctor, we discovered that the baby had turned to a breech position!  I was SO depressed!  

Ever since this pregnancy began, I have struggled to find a doctor that was willing to do a VBAC, and it hasn't been easy.  In fact, I was finally resolved to the fact that if my doctor wasn't on call when I had the baby, I would just go to Vanderbilt because she is the only one in her practice that will do it.  It has been a big stress factor for me.  Anyway, she said the baby had a week to turn or we would set up a C-section.  

Today was the week mark.  I went back to the doctor and guess what...still breech.  I actually think he turned for a few days and then turned back like yesterday.  I can feel his head under my left rib.  We set up the date for February 11th.  It will either be a c-section or VBAC induction depending on if he makes a turn or not.  I think I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that it is going to be a c-section to my great dismay!


4 comments:

Susan said...

Finally! An update ;) Now I can quit harassing you. Cute picture and the colors are very 80's. Hope he turns for you before next Monday!

6L's said...

You have looked fantastic the whole pregnacy! Seriously! Praying for a great delivery however he decides to make his entrance. ;)

RyanJohnsonFamily said...

I agree! You look awesome!

Anonymous said...

What a bummer, dallin was breach for awile and i was really mad about it because i didnt want a c section. I was lucky that he eventually moved. Hopefully you get lucky too! We are excited for you either way! And you look amazing by the way!! :-)